Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bo1953
Serial Port
Views: 727
Message 1 of 3

T460P SSD Question

Hello all and please forgive if this is an crazy question....

I Am purchasing the T460P as it appears that it will best address my situation.... orignally was looking at T460 and T460S...

I would like to separately instal a 1T SSD, can anyone advise if this is a viable option or not? The max drive size offered by Lenovo is 512Gb.

If this is a viable 'can do' situation, what do I need to consider when doing it? Bios? Other programs needed to identify and operate the system correctly....

TIA - bo1953

T61, 6465, Vista
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 685
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460P SSD Question

What drive are you looking to install?  In general, a SATA SSD will work fine as long as it is a 2.5" drive 7mm thick.  No modifications or special preparation in necessary.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
bo1953
Serial Port
Views: 669
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460P SSD Question

richk,

Thank you for your reply.

I Am wanting to install any recommended 1T SSD that is recommended. My knowledge of these things are so minimal and rudimentary... thus I come to the Guru's of the T's to get more knowledge! For this I Am grateful for sure...

Since I do want to install a 1T SSD, after purchase and not offered by Lenovo, is it possible to get the base HD or will I need the base SSD?

Any recommended SSD's to consider in your opinion?

Thank you again... bo1953

Another quick question, I had planned on ordering the unit this upcoming week, is it a better idea to wait until after Christmas to possibly catch a better discount or not? Also, anyone believe this unit is better than the T460 or T460S?

T61, 6465, Vista

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors