Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoneWolf-1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,636
Message 1 of 7

T460p BIOS update fails; "The BIOS does not match this system"

BIOS updates to my ThinkPad T460p seem to have been fine, up until going from 2.19 to 2.20.  Upon trying to upgrade to 2.20, I get the following message:

TPBIOS_ERROR.PNG

I cannot boot from USB key, I get the same issue.  This includes attempting with an older BIOS like 2.18; the same error message occurs even when not in Windows.

Is there a way to force-flash the BIOS to get it back on track or is there some option I can try?  I only have a few remaining days left on my warranty, so I don't have much time left to open a support case if there's nothing else I can do other than replace the mainboard.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,621
Message 2 of 7

Re: T460p BIOS update fails; "The BIOS does not match this system"

Call support.  Whatever happens, you should get the issue documented while the system is under warranty.  In U.S., the number is 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,594
Message 3 of 7

I would definitely open a case with support as Rich suggested, and perhaps check to see if you can extend your warranty as well. 

Best of luck,

WolfgangKeller
What's DOS?
Views: 1,580
Message 4 of 7

I have exactly the same problem when I tried to update my ThinkPad 460p from UEFI/BIOS version 2.19 to 2.20. In this sense I would love to know if anybody found a solution for this problem...

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,544
Message 5 of 7

Something is wrong with the package that was posted to the support website.  I have asked the ThinkPad team to check it.  Meanwhile I have uploaded the correct/working package to my dropbox.  You can check the signature on this file to ensure that it was signed by Lenovo.   <link removed>

This issue has been fixed.  The correct package is now available on the support website:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,477
Message 6 of 7

This issue has been fixed.  The correct package is now available on the support website:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

DodgeDeBoulet
Punch Card
Views: 1,434
Message 7 of 7

LOL I ran into this exact problem and reported it in another thread about my inability to reboot while docked. Lenovo was going to replace my motherboard to fix it. Glad to see that it didn't come down to that!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors