Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrR
Paper Tape
Views: 3,741
Message 1 of 4

T460p+Ultradock - keyboard not working

I have been using the Pro dock since I got the T460p, but I needed multi-monitor support, so I just got the Ultra dock.

The issue I'm having is that I can't connect neither my Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo (K345) to the dock, nor a normal USB keyboard. When I plug in the usb dongle into the dock, I get the following:

Capture.GIF

And neither the keyboard nor the mouse work. I tried using a simple USB mouse and a simple USB keyboard (so simple, they don't even have a manufacturer's name on them). While the mouse works, I get this from the keyboard, which doesn't work:

Capture.PNG

I have another Logitech wireless combo, which also doesn't work with the Ultra dock, btw.

I can get the K345 to work, but only when I plug in the dongle directly to the laptop (lid closed, still on the dock).

Meanwhile, USB memory sticks work just fine when plugged into the dock's usb ports.

I am using the 230W charger with this setup, so it's not a power issue.

A couple of things I've already tried:

- I've downloaded the Logitech SetPoint software (something I've never done in my life, but just to cover that angle)

- I've updated the dock firmware, as noted by the Lenovo's System Update Center software.

I am at my wits end here, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

DrR
Paper Tape
Views: 3,661
Message 2 of 4

Re: T460p+Ultradock - keyboard not working

Bump!

Guru
Views: 3,646
Message 3 of 4

Try (re)installing the Intel chipset software while the dock is attached?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Might also try redoing the USB 3.0 drivers too:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-...

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
DrR
Paper Tape
Views: 3,634
Message 4 of 4

Colonel,
Unfortunately, none of the suggestions worked.

I managed to find a solution, so I'm posting it, just in case someone runs into this issue in the future.

From another computer I copied the usb.inf and usb.PNF files located at C:\Windows\inf folder, which were missing on my laptop. Then I plugged in the wireless dongle, went into Device Manager and from there I right-clicked on the USB Receiver and selected "update drivers". Unlike before, this time Windows managed to successfully update the drivers and it's working now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors