Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 9 (583 Views)

T460p - the laptop I love to hate, now BSOD's?!?!?

Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversay Update, I have had 3 separate BSOD's while working, which isn't fun in a mission critical environment. What the heck is the issue with "igdkmd64.sys" that keeps creating this mess?!? 

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 9 (526 Views)

Re: T460p - the laptop I love to hate, now BSOD's?!?!?

Same problem here with my brand-new T460 on Win & x64. I believe the problem is with the Intel Video Drivers for the HD Graphics 520 - I have 15.40.25.4454 installed. Unable to update to Intel's newest drivers as Intel says the driver is not made available by Lenovo.

Lets hope they fix this issue ASAP.

.dmp file uploaded in case any Lenovo people need it.

Punch Card
Message 3 of 9 (516 Views)

I was able to figure out it that it may have something to do with the video driver, and I found updates for the Intel HD 530. Basically i used the Lenovo support site to find updates, installed a ton of them, so maybe the issue will clear itself up. Now I am just crossing my fingers that it won't happen again, I also have Lenovo Companion turned on now so I can keep track of any needed updates.

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 9 (511 Views)

Unfortunately, I did the same and was rewarded by another BSOD, so I'm not hopeful.

I did see here
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460p-BSOD-after-upgrade-of-video-driver...

that a previous version of the driver did not cause BSOD, so if it continues I will manually downgrade to a lower version unitil lenovo fixes the issue.

Punch Card
Message 5 of 9 (508 Views)

I did do a BIOS update as well, so not sure if that will help, or not.

Punch Card
Message 6 of 9 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can still upgrade to the latest Intel-supplied HD 530 driver; you just need to uninstall the one supplied by Lenovo first. I'm currently running 4474 on my T460p with the anniversary update and am not experiencing any BSOD issues.

If, for some reason, the driver setup utility doesn't work for you, you can always perform a manual installation via the "Update Driver" option in Device Manager and point it to the directory in which you extracted the zip file. Here's a link to the latest version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Window...

Punch Card
Message 7 of 9 (429 Views)

FYI, Lenovo has updated their branded version of the driver available for download to Intel's 4474 release. It can be obtained here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t46...

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 9 (369 Views)

Updated to 4474 manually, still got a BSOD. I'm reverting to 4352 where it seemed I didn't experience this issue at all. Let y'all know how it goes.

Punch Card
Message 9 of 9 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am runing the 4474 and BIOS version 2.08, and been running Lenovo Companion. So far no more BSOD's, so I'm considering this solved for my system. I also ran as many of the updates as I could find from their support site for other drivers as well. I'm thinking that keeping up with the drivers is the issue.

Top kudoed Authors