Highlighted
Shimmy12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,805
Message 1 of 4

T460s 1802 Error without exchanging a network card

Hello fellow board users and team,

My first post here.

I have just ran Windows(10) updates and shut my Thinkpad T460s to upgrade my RAM. After powering up, before booting the system, this error pops by:

"1802: Unauthorised network card is plugged in - power off and remove the network card. System is halted"

So I swapped back to the previous RAM, same situation. I have removed RAM from the socket. SAME ERROR.

The Thinkpad is bought brand new from Lenovo partner and is 3 days old.

I have also read similar threads on this forum when users updated their BiOS or changed their network card. Well my case was Windows update and RAM change. It just happened to another user at our work and he did not run updates, he only upgraded RAM.

Any help would be appreciated

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,740
Message 2 of 4

Re: T460s 1802 Error without exchanging a network card

Hello and welcome

Does your laptop have internal battery? Did you disable it in the BIOS Setup for the RAM upgrade performing?

Perform the BIOS/EC reset:
- enter the BIOS Setup
- disable internal battery, laptop will be powered off
- unplug AC charger and external battery
- press and hold the power button during 20...30 seconds
- plug the battery and charger, enter the BIOS Setup, load and save default settings, change those if it's needed for your configuration
- try to boot laptop w/out 1802 error

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Shimmy12
Paper Tape
Views: 2,717
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Many thanks! It worked.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,712
Message 4 of 4

Glad to see that.

Unfortunately, you haven't answered for my questions to understand the cause of issue.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors