Did you mean: 
GH6
Paper Tape
Views: 5,326
Message 1 of 4

T460s - Black Screen problem

Hi I am having black screen problem with my T460s :

• The black screen usually happens when waking up from sleep
  • When connected to dock station, the other monitor works fine (only the built in display is black)
  • All the BIOS and Windows are updated as well as the intel graphic update
  • I have to reset the computer over 20 times in order to get the screen working
  • The problem isn't only when connected to dock station but when the computer does not have second display also.

I wonder if anyone has this issue.

Thanks

Intel Core i7-6600U Processor (2.60GHz), 8.0GB RAM, 1x256GB SSD SATA, Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro, 14.0in 2560x1440, Intel HD Graphics 520, 720p HD Camera, Card Reader, Fingerprint Reader, TrackPoint with TouchPad, Ethernet, Intel Wireless-AC 8260(2x2 AC) with BT4.1, , 3 Cell Lithium-Ion, (1x)

Highlighted
T460suser
What's DOS?
Views: 4,339
Message 2 of 4

T460s Black Screen issue

Hi, I'm having these black screen issue on my T460s laptop for a while.

It started when I tried to connect my laptop to an external display using HDMI connection. After that, every time I shut down my laptop and started it again, it will likely to went into black screen. When I connected to external display, it functioned well on external screen. And then I pulled out HDMI and went back to my own laptop, it will fix the black screen issue and displayed normally.

I suspected it was a driver issue but I updated so many versions of HD520 driver available on thinkpad T460s support, the problem was still unresolved. 

Anyone had the same problem as well and know how to fix it?

T460suser
What's DOS?
Views: 4,323
Message 3 of 4

Re: T460s - Black Screen problem

Hi, 

Just want you to know I have the same problem. Especially after connected with secondary display. 

After quitting connected with external display, I usually started with a black screen next time. 

Have you figured out the problem and solved it? 

Thank

Yun

thinkpadsrock2
What's DOS?
Views: 3,773
Message 4 of 4

Re: T460s - Black Screen problem

I had this exact same problem and I fixed mine by going to

\control panel\system and security\system\device manager\system devices

Then Right Click on every item in system devices by going to \properties and update driver

I had some corrupted drivers from intel dated 1970 which I believe were causing my blanking screen problems. (one labelled ‘xeon’ something and another was ‘thermal’ something something).they were updated doing this.

Another thing I did and im not sure if it had any impact was that I went to the bios and restored default settings.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors