Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnyeinstein
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,404
Message 1 of 5

T460s: Keyboard not reacting

Hi

Out of the blue (after WIndows 10 64bit last update? Hitting some key combination?), after logging in, my keyboard is not responding anymore. Searching the internet, I found that this is due to the "filter" option of the keyboard (under "easy access". I can get my keyboard reacting again by keeping the right shift key for 8 seconds. However, I haven't found how to switch this on (off?) permanently. Everytime, I restart my computer, I have to use the right shift key again.

Any help is appreciated

Renger

T460s, Windows 10 64bit

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,402
Message 2 of 5

Re: Keyboard not reacting

Good day.

Please provide more information about your system (model, OS, recent updates, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you. We will also be able to confirm that your post is in the proper forum.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,389
Message 3 of 5

I agree with Sarbin, but also, look in the control panel under "Ease of Access".  There are many options related to keyboard that makes things easier for people with reduced coordination, or missing digits or limbs.  Yo may have an option set there.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Arnyeinstein
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,378
Message 4 of 5

There is nothing activated in ease access "keyboard" (which makes sense for me). I tried to activate "filter keys" and deactivate it. Noting changed.

Arnyeinstein
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,360
Message 5 of 5

I have solved the problem: Pressing both shift keys at the same time for 8 seconds (found this in a post on a same kind of problem with XP). 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors