Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CiscoKid08
Paper Tape
Views: 814
Message 1 of 4

T460s - Replacement Battery Questions - Out of stock

Hi all,

Quick question on battery replacements.. I have a T460s whose second battery recently showed it was having issues (on 46% of max charge available). I thought replacing the battery would be trivial but this is proving an exercise in futility.

For reference the laptop type is: 20F9

The battery in question is FRU: 01AV406

When I check this battery against the replacements site (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup), it indicates that the battery is out of stock. It also indicates that there are a few replacement options, 01AV407, 01AV408, 01AV405. All of which are also not in stock.

After chatting with support on this issue, I was advised to call the parts department a partner - Encompass. Unfortunately, their department closes at 3pm PST which is pretty annoying. However when I search for the part (01AV406) on their website (https://lenovo.encompass.com), I'm left with an additional alternative 01AV462 (also out of stock but at least in stock 1/29).

My question is, which of these sites to believe or are these all compatible? I find this a little absurd that this information is so unclear and annoying that Lenovo can't keep anything in stock.

Double all that since I want to replace my primary battery as well (which will be back in stock on 3/10/19). Insert eye roll here.

Any advice anyone can shed here would be apprciated or any other tips for getting these batteries replaced.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 802
Message 2 of 4

Re: T460s - Replacement Battery Questions - Out of stock

I would believe them on compatibility, but expected ship dates are always less reliable.  I always think that I only believe ship dates after parts actually ship.  My doubling ship dates is for all vendors, not just this one.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CiscoKid08
Paper Tape
Views: 799
Message 3 of 4

It's insane to me that for my other battery, 00HW022, I'll need to wait 2.5 months.

How is this acceptable Lenovo??

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 430
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors