Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CiscoKid08
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 1 of 3

T460s - Replacement Battery Questions - Out of stock

Hi all,

Quick question on battery replacements.. I have a T460s whose second battery recently showed it was having issues (on 46% of max charge available). I thought replacing the battery would be trivial but this is proving an exercise in futility.

For reference the laptop type is: 20F9

The battery in question is FRU: 01AV406

When I check this battery against the replacements site (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup), it indicates that the battery is out of stock. It also indicates that there are a few replacement options, 01AV407, 01AV408, 01AV405. All of which are also not in stock.

After chatting with support on this issue, I was advised to call the parts department a partner - Encompass. Unfortunately, their department closes at 3pm PST which is pretty annoying. However when I search for the part (01AV406) on their website (https://lenovo.encompass.com), I'm left with an additional alternative 01AV462 (also out of stock but at least in stock 1/29).

My question is, which of these sites to believe or are these all compatible? I find this a little absurd that this information is so unclear and annoying that Lenovo can't keep anything in stock.

Double all that since I want to replace my primary battery as well (which will be back in stock on 3/10/19). Insert eye roll here.

Any advice anyone can shed here would be apprciated or any other tips for getting these batteries replaced.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 157
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460s - Replacement Battery Questions - Out of stock

I would believe them on compatibility, but expected ship dates are always less reliable.  I always think that I only believe ship dates after parts actually ship.  My doubling ship dates is for all vendors, not just this one.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CiscoKid08
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460s - Replacement Battery Questions - Out of stock

It's insane to me that for my other battery, 00HW022, I'll need to wait 2.5 months.

How is this acceptable Lenovo??

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors