Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaV75
Paper Tape
Views: 2,899
Message 1 of 8

T460s Synaptics Touchpad issue

My ThinkPad 460s's touchpad is not working properly with Synaptics driver. Cursor is not constantly moving as I use touchpad. It stops or moves really slow. 

When I uninstall Synaptics driver from Device Manager it starts using Windows built-in driver and cursor movement is as it should be. Although scrolling and other features are missing that would be basically ok but Windows 10 keeps installing crappy Synaptics back. Cannot prevent that. Smiley Indifferent

Device Manager shows that version is 19.3.4.202. I have downloaded the latest version from Lenovo site but not working.. 

Any suggestion what driver should I try? 

Starcity
Paper Tape
Views: 2,871
Message 2 of 8

Re: T460s Synaptics Touchpad issue

I have had this issue on several Thinkpad laptops. I have had good success disabling TrackPoint. (The little red button) For me, that has allowed the touchpad to work normally. I hope it works for you as well.
daicanam
What's DOS?
Views: 2,785
Message 3 of 8

Thank so much, it work for me. your trick help 10 laptops in my office.
BillyBuerger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,621
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for posting this.  I just ran into the same issue.  Disabling the TrackPoint worked for me as well.  But, that also disables the physical buttons.  That sucks as I've gotten used to using the TrackPoint buttons at the top instead of the imaginary "touch" buttons at the bottom.  I re-enabled it and set the TrackPoint speed to it's lowest setting and that seems to have fixed it as well.  The TrackPoint is still usable if needed and more importantly the buttons still work.

UsamaMustafa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,438
Message 5 of 8

After reducing the speed of trackpoint my issue is resolved Smiley Happy

molnard
What's DOS?
Views: 1,842
Message 6 of 8

Hi

I think it is not related to the speed it is just a mitigation. The real problem is Palm Check Threshold. Install the newest synaptic driver and set it to the lowest in mouse settings.

That solved my problem.

Capture.PNG

LaV75
Paper Tape
Views: 1,821
Message 7 of 8

Molnard, great! That finally solved the issue. Now the touchpad seems to be working like it should. Thank you! Smiley Happy

molnard
What's DOS?
Views: 1,818
Message 8 of 8

No problem, Bro!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors