Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hanangong
What's DOS?
Views: 655
Message 1 of 3

T460s Thinkpad Microphone Very Weak on Windows 10

The microphone array is producing very low signal barely picked by the operation system gauge. Only if I clap my hands real loud in front of the screen I see it become green.

I have tried to increase the gain and the boost to maximum but still the microphone barely picks up audion.

I have reinstalled the Realtek driver for windows 10 and T460s and it didn't help.

Played with the effects (beam forming etc.) but nothing helped.

does anybody else experience such problems? Solutions?

suanik
What's DOS?
Views: 450
Message 2 of 3

Re: T460s Thinkpad Microphone Very Weak on Windows 10

I made it work by changing a bit the settings in Realtek HD Audio Manager. 

Untitled1.png

Capture.PNGI also changed the communication settings.

NikiP
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58
Message 3 of 3

Re: T460s Thinkpad Microphone Very Weak on Windows 10

It took me a while to find the answer for this. My mic hasn't worked right since windows 10 downloaded to my Lenovo T520 a few years ago but I didn't have the time to fix it.  It would cut out or go very weak when I tried to use it.  I believe Windows 10 disables some audio function for older Lenovo Thinkpads:

• T420s, T420si
  • T520, T520i
  • W520
  • X1
  • X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet

When I last updated my Lenovo T520 at the Lenovo site for the latest Windows 10 upgrade fall 2019  it still didn't fix it (otherwise a terrific update service.) So I went searching...here's the Lenovo program that fixed it. If you have conexant smart audio this may do the trick for the above Think Pads.  It includes the right drivers for windows 10 and 8 32 and 64 bit.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds032124

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors