Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stubbe
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 1 of 6

T460s Wifi does not work

In our company we have numerous laptops. Four of these are Lenovo T460s. These four machines can not connect to wifi any longer, but all other mobile devices: iPads, Macs, other Windows-machines,Androids and Chromebooks works perfectly, so I suspect there is an issue with a recent driver update?

I have tried to reset all networks connections - no luck. I have tried to remove the wifi adapter in device manager and rebooted my pc and of course I have updated all there is to update, but that did not help either. Has anyone had similar problems?

Moderator edit: Added detail to Subject.

Highlighted
SeniorGuru
Views: 322
Message 2 of 6

Betreff: Wifi does not work

Have you already looked at which channel your Wifi is set? Please select channel 1, 6 or 11 (2,4Ghz)
-= Always be yourself - unless - you can be NEGAN - then - always be NEGAN =-
Stubbe
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 3 of 6

We have a Ruckus installation with ZD1200 and 29 access points, so channels are controlled by the Zone Director. Ther four problematic laptops has connected two the wifi for the past two years without problems. They will not connect now and this started witin the last few days simultaneously on all four. Since several hundres of other mobile devices have no issues, I conclude that the cause must be on the Lenovo laptops

SeniorGuru
Views: 297
Message 4 of 6

Do you have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 WLAN Chip?
Please note, that this chip doesnt work correctly with a WLAN Standard 802.11n
-= Always be yourself - unless - you can be NEGAN - then - always be NEGAN =-
Stubbe
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 5 of 6

No it is Intel AC-8260. The thing is, that is has worked fine for two years, and suddenly all four identical machines will not connect. 

Stubbe
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 6 of 6

Problem solved. After a good deal of digging, we worked out that the certificate on the machine running the NPS-server had expired, now to days ago. Apparently the Lenovo machines were the first to discover this wich happened yesterday. Today other machines; Macs and other Windows machines started to have problems, which let us to the solution: renewal of the certificate. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thaks for the inputs.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors