cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GNCH
Core Memory
Views: 1,419
Message 1 of 5

T460s black vertical line on the screen.

I recently noticed a black vertical line on the screen when looking at it off-centerLenovo_t460s_ScreenProblem.jpg

Is there a problem with the screen?

It's the 1080P IPS touchscreen.

Under normal conditions like surfing the web i don't see it, its only with black backgrounds. The photograph makes it look worse than it is.

TheWarsik1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,391
Message 2 of 5

Re: T460s black vertical line on the screen.

Don´t worry Smiley Happy It is only a line which has caused the pressure on the back of the screen, while the minimal chance that it will disappear. But do not worry it will not spread. Smiley Happy

GNCH
Core Memory
Views: 1,362
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the explanation.

Never put any pressure on it, it's been on my desk since day 1. 

I can't believe how horrible this screen is, i'd rather have a good TN screen than this junk.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,355
Message 4 of 5

I suggest to people who have a screen problem on machines under warranty, that they take it to a dealer who does warranty service.  It is good to have both parties looking at the same screen.  I have never taken a T460s panel out to check,, but there could be a foam support or the camera cable running up the middle.  Maybe, it is pressing on the panel.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Calby
Punch Card
Views: 1,309
Message 5 of 5

No, it's no cable the cables are going around the display in the edges of the lid.
The only cable that are going "under" the display is the display cable that are flat.

And also, why take it to a dealer? Use the on-site-repair that you have in the warranty (at leaste here in the EU we have it).

I think this is a warranty issue, that kind of lines is a defect for some LCD panels - in the begining of the panel time it was on every secound display.

I did have it on my TV (samsung) and they did fix it on the warranty.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors