Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ambrogi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,107
Message 1 of 5

T460s fingerprint reader disabled after Windows 10 April update

After installing Windows 10 April update on my T460s, fingerprint reader no longer works or even lights up. Device Manager shows the reader, but says, "The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" Tried uninstalling drivers and uninstalling device, but still no go. I have bios version 1.34. 

ambrogi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,026
Message 2 of 5

Re: T460s fingerprint reader disabled after Windows 10 April update

After more tinkering, I got it to work. Using Solution 6 in this article: https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-hello-fingerprint-wont-work/, I found out that biometrics was not enabled in BIOS. (That must have happened during Windows update, because I had always used the fingerprint reader until then.) I then went to Device Manager and uninstalled the fingerprint reader. When I restarted the computer and checked Device Manager, it appeared to be working OK. (The exclamation point was gone.) I then went to Windows Hello and set up a new fingerprint. Knock on wood, but it seems to be OK now.
mlinchong
What's DOS?
Views: 3,832
Message 3 of 5

I had the same problem on my T570 yesterday. I tried installing the latest drivers, but that did not work. Only after I disabled Intel(R) SGX in my BIOs, did Windows 10 detect the Fingerprint Reader again.

litw
Paper Tape
Views: 3,685
Message 4 of 5

I updated all bios, driver, and did this method 6. Still no luck. The exclaimation mark is still on the finger printer reader.

emalka
What's DOS?
Views: 3,245
Message 5 of 5

Thanks! This solution worked on my T460p as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors