Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam0920
Paper Tape
Views: 1,690
Message 1 of 6

T460s screen went crazy randomly

I had my laptop less than a year and sent it back to repair due to the screen going crazy randomly. After I got the computer back, they reinstalled the operation system, but the problem is not solved.

I didn't touch anything (mouse, touchpad, screen...), but the computer started to click randomly by itself.

I recorded the problem, and here is the link https://youtu.be/nDaBZe1bXc4.

I contacted support again, and they asked me to send it back again. However, I SINCERELY hope to get some suggestions from the forum before I sent it back. Does anybody have the similar problem? Do you think it's the driver issue or hardware issue? (BTW, all my drivers are updated.)

Thank you!

Guru
Views: 1,627
Message 2 of 6

Re: T460s screen went crazy randomly

If you're able to, try disabling the trackpad to see if it still occurs. You can do this from Device Manager, then "Mice and other pointing devices", then right click HID-compliant mouse, and disable. If that stops it, then that means its a hardware issue and you'll need to get a trackpad replacement.

If it continues after you disable it, then it's a software issue, and you'll need to try a system restore, updating drivers (you can also find this by righting clicking on the trackpad from device manager)

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Sam0920
Paper Tape
Views: 1,602
Message 3 of 6

Lenovo has reinstalled the system and drivers for me when I sent my computer to them about 10 days ago. After I got my computer back, the problem is not fixed. I think what you said about the broken hardware might be the reason. I will send my computer back this week again, should I just tell them to replace the trackpad?

Guru
Views: 1,597
Message 4 of 6

Yep, just tell the rep that it randomly clicks, and the troubleshooting steps you went through and they'll replace the trackpad for you. Some ThinkPads have an option for on-site or carry-in (BestBuy) warranty, so see if that's an option for you. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Sam0920
Paper Tape
Views: 1,593
Message 5 of 6

Thank you so much, Eric!~~Smiley Happy

gwn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,518
Message 6 of 6

I have been having a similar problem with my T420S for several years now.  In my case, the trackpad does not click, but the screen goes wild, ususally changing to bright, multi-coloured stripes.  I sent it back to Lenovo twice, but they were unable to fix the problem.  I've just been living with the the problem, any time it happens, I have to reboot and hope that I've not lost too much work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors