Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caspere
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,321
Message 1 of 8

T460s scrolling issue

Hi,

My problem is that two-finger scrolling gets really slow right after using the trackpoint middle button for scrolling. To get two-finger scrolling back to its normal speed I have to end the task "Synaptics TouchPad 64-bit Enhancements" in the Task Manager (effectively restarting the task). But using the trackpoint for scrolling will again trigger slow two-finger scrolling. Since I like to change between using the trackpoint and the trackpad, this is quite annoying. 

The problem only occurs when using the option "Use for scrolling" under "Middle Button Action" in the mouse settings. There is no problem when using the "Use as middle click" option instead.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and I am using the latest Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav driver (19.0.17.77). The issue also occured with a previous driver version (I've had the T460s for 2 weeks and the issue has been there since I got it). A reinstall of the driver does not fix the issue. All other drivers and bios should be up to date.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

JohnShaft1000
Paper Tape
Views: 3,243
Message 2 of 8

Re: T460s scrolling issue

I have a similar issue but a bit different. Whenever I use the trackpoint, a few seconds later the trackpad becomes jumpy until I restart the computer. Because of this I have had to disable the trackpoint which stinks. Wondering if this is related to the issue you are having. Unfortunately I have no solution Smiley Sad
mabdelalim
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,078
Message 3 of 8

My touchpad on T460s anyway is getting slow and sometimes pauses and not accurately tracking my finger moves. It works OK when I restart my computer.

Former Employee
Views: 3,034
Message 4 of 8

In response to customer reports of unexpected scrolling and touchpad behavior on T460s ThinkPads, Lenovo has released a solution via driver update.

Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver, version 19.0.17.98, can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds111814

Thank you,

JohnShaft1000
Paper Tape
Views: 3,017
Message 5 of 8

Umm. No, still broken sorry. Probably shouldn't close out an issue until the users have verified it works!

Lenovo and Synaptics should be embarrased at how such an issue should still exist after so many months.

mabdelalim
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,006
Message 6 of 8

Here is what happened to me:

I installed the last update referenced above but I'm still facing the following scinario:

1- Usually, I start my laptop using ThinkPad and it is OK.

2- I switched to use ThinkPoint and again it is OK

3- But, if I'm back using ThinkPad the problem started. The pointer pauses unexpectedly and in regular basis.

I accomodated the problem by the following:

4- Press on ThinkPad left button

5- Now, ThinkPad will be working normal.

Please, advise.

Former Employee
Views: 2,736
Message 7 of 8

If the previous Synaptics driver did not resolve expected touchpad behavior, try the newest version, v 19.3.4.22:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds118386

Thank you,

joannaindc
What's DOS?
Views: 2,676
Message 8 of 8

The latest drivers do not help the situation. I've installed all the drivers listed on this page, uninstall them, reinstalled them, and rolled back driver...none of it has resolved the scrolling issue with the middle button. The issue started yesterday, Sept. 3, and my trackpad was enabled (I always disable the trackpad because it caused the cursor to jump around and I only use the ultranav buttons).

Please help! The ultranav is the only reason I keep buying Thinkpads.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors