cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rxd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,891
Message 1 of 4

T460s touch screen won't work after start, only activate after woken from sleep mode

Hi all,

I just got my T460s with a touch screen (window 10). But after starting, there was no response when I touched the screen. At first, I thought they installed a wrong screen. Shortly after, I closed the lid and reopen the laptop. The touch screen starts to work. 

I found everytime I started the laptop, the touch screen is not working. I have to put it into sleep mode and wake it up to bring the touch screen back.

Does anybody else have the same issue? I thought it was the power management issue. But I cannot find the setting for touch screen power.

Any imput would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Lenovo Employee ThinkPad_01
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,831
Message 2 of 4

Re: T460s touch screen won't work after start, only activate after woken from sleep mode

Hi rxd, suggest you to try with the latest touch screen firmware update. Thanks. :-)

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t46...

rxd
Paper Tape
Views: 1,807
Message 3 of 4

Re: T460s touch screen won't work after start, only activate after woken from sleep mode

Thanks for your suggestion! I tried it, but it won't install for me. Got the error message. Please see the screenshots.error.pngerror 2.png

Lenovo Employee ThinkPad_01
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,792
Message 4 of 4

Hello! Per the screenshot, it shows access issue while updating firmware. You can try with Administrator account; Or, right click on the setup file, then select "Run as administator". Please make sure AC adapter was connected while updating firmware.Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors