cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rory1011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 943
Message 1 of 3

T470 72Whr 61++ battery 4X50M08812 - is there an issue with it?

From the UK Lenovo's system has let me order the above battery twice, then a few days later sent me an email cancelling the order.  Now the item has vanished from the website, as if it never existed.

I'm annoyed with myself that I chose the flush fitting 61 3cell battery when ordering the machine, adding the 61++ as an additional item.   One of the reasons for choosing T470 was its long run-time on battery.

Anyine know what's going on with this battery?  I've asked Lenovo without anything more illuminating that "it's not available".  Yet it's on Lenovo's US website - delivery 1-3 days!

Alan_17
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 2 of 3

Re: T470 72Whr 61++ battery 4X50M08812 - is there an issue with it?

I'm having a related issue: just ordered a T470 with the slim 3 cell and wanted an additional 6 cell 72Wh battery (61++), which isn't available on the UK or Irish website as an accessory, yet you can configure the laptop with one of these. I was advised through the online chat to try their parts resellers for my second battery. I believe the part number is either 01AV427 (available 03rd Jan 18) or 01AV428 (available 10th Nov 17). Might be worth a phone call to them, I'll be ordering one as soon as my 470 arrives by the sound of it!

For part numbers I used: pcsupport.lenovo.com

And the reseller is: flexcommunityesales.force.com/LenovoEsales

They seem to have a base in the UK so hopefully you can get a straight answer on the stated availability date. Perhaps it will become available on the Lenovo site on the 10th Nov...

Rory1011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 734
Message 3 of 3

Re: T470 72Whr 61++ battery 4X50M08812 - is there an issue with it?

Thase p/n's are correct - first one is made by Panasonic and second one by LG.   I saw them mentioned a few months ago in another thread.

I don't still understand the availability issue in Europe when the 72wh battery is clearly available elsewhere.  Not at all happy with Lenovo over this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors