Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I_m_Benjamin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 965
Message 1 of 2

T470: AC Adapter & Rear Battery

Hi all,

I'm going to buy T470. The online shop offers 45W or 65W "AC Adapter - EU(3pin)". As I understand, the only practical difference is the charging time. But what is the difference between "USB Type C" and usual adapters?

Another question is about a rear battery. I'm considering to buy "6 cell Li-Ion (72Wh) Cylindrical Rear", but a bit worrying about its weight. How heavy and large is it in comparison with 3cell 24 Wh and 6cell 48Wh?

Thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 910
Message 2 of 2

Re: T470: AC Adapter & Rear Battery

I cannot tell you about the battery weight, but the USB-C adapter puts out the same 20 volts as the older slim tip (rectangular) and round adapters, but, obviously, is a different shape.  The USB-C port can charge the battery, or, if no AC adapter connector is plugged in, work as any other USB-C port for output.  The USB-C adapter can also put out other voltages, as required by other USB-C devices.  Mine charges my Moto-Z phone at 5V

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors