US

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

T470 Bizarre keyboard and mouse issue

2018-03-05, 13:09 PM

Hello, 

I purchased this T470 less than a year ago, and yesterday I encountered a bizarre keyboard and mouse issue. First thing that happened was my keyboard stopped working. And then it began beeping continuously. I suspected sticky keys, but it was disabled. I restarted the laptop to be greeted with more beeping and the ease of access narrator informing me of how to make my computer easier to use. At this point I attached an external keyboard and it worked fine. I had work to do, so I just disabled the speakers and went about my day. I could find no solutions online so last night I reset the computer to factory settings. This solved my beeping issue, and the narrator, and now the letters on the keyboard are functioning, but most other keys such as Enter, backspace, and most of the function keys are, ironically, non-functioning. And let out a single beep when pressed. Furthermore my mouse pointer has gone up in size, and while I can make it bigger it will not return to the default size even when selected from the Ease of Access menu. 

At this point I have removed the keyboard, and am assuming something may have gotten spilled on it, or it shorted somehow. I have no explanation for the ease of access narrator, or the pointer size issue, unless some combination of keys were resulting in these being changed. 

At this point it seems I'll need to purchase a new keyboard, but I figured I'd check here before that in case anyone had an alternative solution.

Options

1 Posts

07-05-2018

KE

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T470 Bizarre keyboard and mouse issue

2018-07-05, 15:48 PM

My T470 also has the same problem.

It happens when typing. The keyboard freezes and system starts to beep. 

Mine was purcased less than a year ago.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete