Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA-TT
Paper Tape
Views: 2,470
Message 1 of 5

T470 Caps Lock and Num Lock OSD not displayed on screen

T470 20HE model Windows 10 64-bit

Fn key actions are displayed with on-screen icons/symbols (Volume/Mute, Mic, Display brightness), however when I select Caps lock or Num lock, there is no on-screen display.

I re-installed the latest Lenovo Power Management Driver and Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 10 but no success.

When I open the Display Settings >> Display adapter properties >> Screen configurations, the section "Indicator settings for Numlock and Capslock" is missing.

Here are the Lenovo instructions: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT002122

See attached file for comparison of the Screen configurations settings and my actual settings.

Interestingly, in the Lenovo Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Laptop 9.0.07 (current version) Readme.txt, (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1wvu28e.txt ) there is a reference to a fix in the 9.0.0.6 as follows:

<9.0.0.6>
- (FIX) Fixed CapsLock and NumLock OSD issue that the screen configuration
        setting function in display adaptor properties control panel may not
        work.

Please advise if there is another fix to show the Capslock and Numlock on the display.

sspartacuss
Paper Tape
Views: 2,296
Message 2 of 5

Re: T470 Caps Lock and Num Lock OSD not displayed on screen

any update on this topic?  noticing the same thing on our 470's - have updated to the latest and greatest hotkeys and still nada

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,283
Message 3 of 5

Perhaps this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-10-no-Caps-Lock-indicator/m-p/40...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

SA-TT
Paper Tape
Views: 2,280
Message 4 of 5

Thanks zolanthegypsy.

On that thread, I found the following post:

If there is CapsLock LED on keyboard, then hotkeys won't show any onscreen indicator. This is a new design point starting with 70-series ThinkPad such as T470, X270, etc. The designers felt that onscreen indicator is duplicate to the keyboard LED indicator, so they removed the onscreen indicator.

So yes, when I am using the keyboard on the laptop, I can see the CapsLock LED light on the key, but the problem is that I don't have an indicator when using an external keyboard and monitor, when the laptop is docked or closed.

Guess I will have to live without the OSD CapsLock indicator.

sspartacuss
Paper Tape
Views: 2,270
Message 5 of 5

thanks.  appreciate the info. hopefully they decide to change that in an update. as was already said, most people use a usb keyboard and such.  thanks again!

Top Kudoed Authors