cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheToon
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 1 of 2

T470 Internal Battery discharges first, even though I'm using a brand new external battery (no wear)

Hi everyone,

Title says it all, I know this topic of discharging internal battery first has been brought up a lot, and that the reason behind it is this: The T470s are designed to drain the battery with least wear first so as to degrade both batteries equally and prolong the laptop's overall battery life.

However, as I'm using a new 61++ battery, clearly somethig is going wrong somewhere as the year old internal battery cannot be in better condition than the brand new external.

https://gyazo.com/6c12f3f40514599d04d852a8589189ab

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 322
Message 2 of 2

Re: T470 Internal Battery discharges first, even though I'm using a brand new external battery (no w

It's not the cycle count that defines wear.  Instead, wear is defined as full charge capacity divided by design capacity.  In your screenshot, the internal battery has a full charge capacity that is actually above the design capacity.  That's probably why it's still discharging first.  I couldn't see the design capacity of your external battery from your screenshot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors