Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb35
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 1 of 4

T470 LCD cable replacement

I appear to have a faulty LCD cable. The backlight in the screen does not seem to be working as I can icons in my screen only when I shine light on it. I am trying to find a replacement however I can not find one with the exact PN (DC02C009J10) however I have found DC02C009J00 and DC02C009J20. It is for a T470 with a non-touch screen. Does anyone know if these cables are interchangeable or not? 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 97
Message 2 of 4

Re: T470 LCD cable replacement

Ary you saying you WANT a non-touch cable or that you HAVE a non-touch cable now?

In almost all cases, unless there is physical damage, no backlight indicates a blown fuse on the motherboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
sb35
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 3 of 4

My screen was broken and so I had given my screen to be repaired by an authorised lenovo service center in my country. I could see different colured line and pressure marks on my screen. Dispite being for the same model, the screens they had was not compatible. The port on the replacement screen had 40 pins while my origonal screen was was 30pin. After they gave me back the my laptop, the screen was dim and the lines I origonally saw was not there anymore but as I did not know any better, I thought nothing of it. I ordered a new screen and the service provider replaced it however the screen is in the state that I mentioned before. They told me the LCD cable is faulty. I have a non-touch cable but was told it is faulty. I want to replace it but can not find the exact part. I wanted to know if there is another cable that is compatible, of course being able to purchase the exact part would be the best but I just can't seem to find it. The people in my service center haven't been helpful and I just want to get my laptop fixed. I am however trusting them to have diagonsed the problem correctly, as I suspect they may have tried to connect my LCD cable to the screens with incompatible ports which may had damaged the cable.

Does it still seem like the fuse is blown? I can have a look into how to fix that if that is the case.

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 66
Message 4 of 4

If they tried to connect the cable to the wrong screen, it would be easy to believe the fuse was blown (messing up the motherboard).  I believe that T470 touch screens use 40-pin narrow connectors which are the same width as the 30-pin connectors on the non-touch screen.  If you try to force the wrong cable in, you can make a mess. - damage the screen, the cable and the motherboard.  If the service center screwed it up, they should fix it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors