cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minhnt
Paper Tape
Views: 590
Message 1 of 3

T470 Only Lenovo logo shown after hibernate, a hard power button reset necessary

I've spent hours researching this annoying feature. If I leave the machine in sleep/hibernate state for more than about an hour and then open the lid, only the Lenovo logo is shown. CAD combo restarts but again only the logo is shown. I need to press the power button once, wait a few seconds then press the power button again. Then the laptop starts normally. The attached file shows my power settings. I appreciate any assistance. I have this problem whether I have my Wacom Pro S tablet attached or not. The laptop is brand new.

ianw01
Token Ring
Views: 534
Message 2 of 3

Re: T470 Only Lenovo logo shown after hibernate, a hard power button reset necessary

Just a guess, but there was a recent BIOS recalled (see here, click on the ThinkPad link, and scoll down to the table and find your T470). One of the defects had to do with S3 sleep state. It says in part "Intermittent system hang during system sleep (S3) cycling. If you have already applied the firmware update and experience hangs during sleep/wake, please disable sleep (S3) mode on your system, and then apply the improved update when it becomes available."

Good luck!

Minhnt
Paper Tape
Views: 526
Message 3 of 3

Re: T470 Only Lenovo logo shown after hibernate, a hard power button reset necessary

Thanks, the thing is, sleep works fine (if I leave the lid open and return after 15 minutes, a simple touch on the trackpad or a key brings it to life). I set the power settings to hibernate when closing the lid. After opening the lid, about an hour later, the laptop fails to come back from the initial Lenovo logo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors