Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbeFroman85
What's DOS?
Views: 116
Message 1 of 2

T470 Spill /getting to BIOS

Hello all,

I unfortunately spilled coffee on my T470 and the keyboard at this point is no longer in action. Rest of computer seems to be fine. (fingers crossed). Being this is my work computer I have gone ahead and purchased a keyboard replacement opposed to trying any other cleaning methods.

Here is my issue, from what I have read I need to disable the internal battery from the BIOS before pulling and replacing keyboard. I am having issues with this as my f1 key is not functioning and my external keyboard is not getting me to the BIOS when I reboot the computer. So Im not sure how to excactly disbable it.

Any advise? Could I just unplug the power, pull the removable battery and let the internal battery drain? 

Side note, the current keyboard is acting finicky, sticking keys etc/interfering with external keyboard. Its not aweful but its annoying. Can I pull the internal keyboard before I get the replacement and just use the external one?

Thanks for the help in advanced. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 89
Message 2 of 2

Re: T470 Spill /getting to BIOS

If you cannot get to the BIOS, remove the main battery, then the bottom cover.  Simply unplug the internal battery.  It will be visible with the cover off.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors