Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anders63
What's DOS?
Views: 412
Message 1 of 3

T470 Thunderbolt firmware update error

I have a T470S type 20HF running windows 10 (version 1703) that suddenly the Intel Thunderbolt Driver was updated and gives me the error "A Thunderbolt controller has experienced a problem and cannot connect to devices or other computers until new firmware is installed."

The computer is connected through a usb-c cable to a dockin station which has two monitors connected through display port cables.

I tried uninstalling the Intel Tunderbolt Software (ver. 17.4.78.500) and reinstalling it.

I tried installing thinkpad thunderbolt 3 dock and usc-c dock driver v10017.

I tried to install new firmware with the file N1WTH07W but it says "cannot find correct bin file"

I still get the same error and cannot use the monitors connected to the docking station.

Please help.

martinklaus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 344
Message 2 of 3

Re: T470 Thunderbolt firmware update error

I have exactly the same Problem, you've also noticed a shortened battery life? 

But I have the 20HG version of the T470s. Please correct model name in title to T470s.

myerss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 328
Message 3 of 3

Re: T470 Thunderbolt firmware update error

I had this same problem and used Gigabyte's Thunderbolt firmware installer to grab the .bin file from the Lenovo install.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-ALPINE-RIDGE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-thunderbolt

Take note of where Lenovo is unpackaging the files and use that location when asked to browse to the location of the .bin file.

Hope this helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors