05-14-2019 11:51 AM
I received the following when opening lenovo Vantage;
A Thunderbolt controller has experienced a problem and cannot connect to devices or other computers until new firmware is installed. Other Thuderbolt ports may be functioning normally. Please contact PC manufacturer for a firmware update to restore full Thunderbolt functionality.
What can I do to overcome this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-14-2019 12:08 PM
Have you tried installing the latest firmware from here? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...
05-15-2019 07:45 AM
This is an old version of software and I think it might be causing the problem. Unfortunately, due to a bad design by Intel, the software doesn't get updated by Windows Update or System Update unless you actually use a Thunderbolt device. However, you can update it manually by following these instructions:
1. Download the update from here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...
2. After n1qtd13w.exe is downloaded, run it.
3. At the end, uncheck the box about "Install Thunderbolt software now"
4. Open the folder C:\DRIVERS\WIN\Thunderbolt
5. Run setup.msi and follow the on-screen instructions.
7. Try running the Thunderbolt firmware update again
Please try it and let me know how it goes. If you run into any trouble, please give me the details, screenshots, etc and I will try to keep helping you.