cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dradzikowski
Paper Tape
Views: 552
Message 1 of 1

[T470+Win10] No HDMI sound, lower resolution on external monitor (drivers installed)

Hi, I have recently bought ThinkPad T470 (20HES07J00 model). I installed Windows 10 and all the necassary drivers, and almost everything is fine besides two defects:

• when HDMI cable (version 1.4b) is connected, I do not have a HDMI playback to choose at all
  • when I connect external monitor (which is DELL U2515H) with the same HDMI cable, the maximum resolution available is 2048x1152, whereas native resolution for this monitor is 2560x1440

Tried reinstalling Intel HD Graphics and Intel Display Audio drivers many times in different ways (uninstalling and having automatic install on restart, installing from device manager, installing with Driver Easy, upgrading to the newest version), but nothing changes.

I'm sure the cable is capable of such resolutions as I tried on other laptop and it worked perfectly. I also installed linux on my new T470 and it has no problems with HDMI audio and higer resolution on external monitor. So the problem is around Windows and drivers for it.

Anybody knows what else can I do?

Screenshot_3.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors