Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wassim841
Paper Tape
Views: 3,111
Message 1 of 3

T470 backlit keyboard not working

hi ,

i have a lenovo thinkpad t470 and it has the backlit keyboard function on it i can see it in the space bar (light icon) but when i click fn+space bar i can see nothing lightning even at startup im running windows 10 i have tried to install all the drivers any solution ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,093
Message 2 of 3

Re: T470 backlit keyboard not working

No drivers are needed.  If you have a backlit keybiard and it doesn't light, you have a defective keyboard.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Guru
Views: 3,052
Message 3 of 3

Re: T470 backlit keyboard not working

Use the Hardware Maintenance Manual of the T470 to see if the cable for the backlit functioning is connected to the motherboard. You can find the manual here: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t470_hmm_en.pdf

However, if you're still in warranty, I would suggest contacting technical support in your country.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors