FR

22 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 1 of 1

T470 - external display through USB-C port not working anymore

2019-02-13, 22:09 PM

Hello,

I was using my samsung tv as an external monitor using a USB-C -> HDMI adapter without any issues since the day I got my T470.

Since a few days, when I plug in my adapter, nothing happens anymore, as it is no longer recognized at all, using the HDMI port works fine though.

I tried with a different USB-C -> HDMI adapter and got nothing either, so I assumed it is an issue with the port itself.

Here are my thunderbolt options in the BIOS : 

Then I checked in the deviced manager to see if the Thunderbolt controller is showing, it's not.

I redownloaded the Thunderbolt software from T470 support page and reinstalled it, version is 17.4.78.15

Then I downloaded the Thunderbolt firmware update (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/id/fr/downloads/DS121681) and ran it in Administrator mode.

The update fails with this message "no thunderbolt controller found, or thunderolt software is not present in the system"

I saw in that similar post (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thunderbolt-TB3-NOT-found-in-device-manager-for-X1-Carbon-6th/m-p/4314736) that turning off the option "Thunderbolt BIOS Assist mode" in the BIOS made the thunderbolt controller appear in the device manager, but this option is not available in the T470.

Everything is up to date according to Lenovo System update software.

Trying to restore windows to a previous point failed at each attempt.

My current windows 10 build is 1607 (14393.2214)

I'm running out of ideas on how to resolve that, a bit of help will be greatly appreciated before considering a complete Windows reinstallation (or moving to build 1709 at first)

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save