Options

1 Posts

11-05-2019

CA

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

T470 is plugged in but not charging (does NOT show message "plugged in but not charging")

2019-11-05, 9:46 AM

Hi all really hoping someone has some insight on my issue im pretty desperate to keep this machine going for a long time!!

So as the subject describes, my battery is plugged in but won't charge. I have seen many posts talking about a "Plugged in but not charging" message, I do not have this. 

I have tried various troubleshooting methods, I have checked for updates, drivers, etc. I have also tried the power reset turing it off removing the external battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds.

Wish I had more information but like I said I am desperate for any insights or suggestions!

Thanks in advance

Options

7564 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76743 Signins

2144788 Page Views

• Views: 2144788
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T470 is plugged in but not charging (does NOT show message "plugged in but not charging&quo

2019-11-05, 16:36 PM

Hello and welcome,

A couple of things you don't mention: with the external battery removed try the emergency reset hole on the bottom.  Also try the BIOS option to disable the internal battery.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t470_ug_en.pdf  Pages 5 & 76.

I don't hold much hope for those but they're easy to try.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save