Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolasrouxinol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 371
Message 1 of 9

T470 mute and volume keys not working

Hi, this is my first post, so hello forum!

I have done a fresh install of windows 10 in my thinkpad and I'm having issues to get my mute and volume keys to work. I have already updated to the last bios, installed the hotkeys driver. the keys get back to work for one session but stop working again after a restart. any suggestions? I also had a problem with the /? key not working on the brazilian keyboard and fixed it with a registry update ( https://support.lenovo.com/au/pt/solutions/ht037686 )

thanks in advance!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 339
Message 2 of 9

Re: T470 mute and volume keys not working

Hi nicolasrouxinol!

Welcome to the community forums. Could you try to access the BIOS on your laptop, under the CONFIG tab, go to Keyboard/Mouse, and check if the F1-F12 as a primary Function option is enabled? If not, try to enable it, press F10 or Fn+F10 to save the changes and exit. Once it restarted, check if the issue remains.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

nicolasrouxinol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 335
Message 3 of 9

i have tried and it stil doesnt work...

one strange thing that i noticed now is that the buttons actually work for a few seconds after windows starts so maybe its some kind of program that is interfering with it. i have also reinstalled the hotkeys and realtek drivers with no sucess. the mic mute button and all others work fine

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 330
Message 4 of 9

Try to go into this third party keyboard tester website and check if the keys are responding? Click here https://www.keyboardtester.com/.

Let us know the result.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

nicolasrouxinol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 329
Message 5 of 9

i have tried and all the keys are working fine
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 295
Message 6 of 9

Could you try to perform a Power Drain on the laptop? Here's how https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 - if the issue remains after the Power Drain, try to perform a BIOS reset. Access the BIOS, https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500222?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 - While inside the BIOS, press F9 or Fn+F9 to reset the default settings and then press F10 or Fn+F10 to save changes and exit. After the laptop restarts, check if the issue remains.

Let us know the result.

nicolasrouxinol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 284
Message 7 of 9

still no results..

i suspect it is sime kind os softwre or driver conflict because the buttons do work for a few moments after i start windows. i am trying to disable some programs and processes to see if it resolves.

any other suggestions?

nicolasrouxinol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 282
Message 8 of 9

just ran the lenovo diagnostics and it recognizes the mute and volume buttons, but still, pressing it has no results

tihana_d
What's DOS?
Views: 42
Message 9 of 9

I started experiencing the same issue and came here looking for answers.

Did you manage to sort it out?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors