Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smarch
What's DOS?
Views: 772
Message 1 of 1

T470 no signs of charging, power, etc.

So I just recieved my T470 today, and I eagerly wanted to at least boot it up, but much to my surprise, when I plugged the cable in, I recieved no indication that it was plugged in or charging whatsoever. No green light anywhere, no heat, no nothing. I've tried various outlets, a different cord for the brick to the outlet itself, I checked out the battery on the inside and out to make sure it was all connected, etc. To say it's disatisfying is an understatement. Unless I can quickly get a cable before classes start (in one week), planning on a full refund because this is beyond disappointing to not be able to even using the dang thing.

Edit: I have no proof it could be the power brick either, considering since there's no real way I could tell whether it's something with the motherboard or something like that.

Edit 2: Tried another Thinkpad's power cord and brick, didn't charge or even show an indicator that it was charging (no green lights). Probably just gonna RMA it and hope for the best.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors