Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaborKaczur
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 1 of 4

T470P WWAN card support

I have a T470P laptop. I wanted to upgrade it with a WWAN card. Checked the supported devices and bought the Sierra Wireless EM7455. I installed the card and I got the 1802 unauthorized network error on boot up. Check this forum and I can see that there is a FRU number and that is important to be compatible.

This is out of my mind how it is possible that this important information is not written at the supported cards. Now I have a EM4755 card with newer FRU number that is supported and I can not use this.

Is it possible to update the supported card list in the bios or some other trick to use my stuff?

Thanks a lot

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 673
Message 2 of 4

Re: T470P WWAN card support

Welcome to the Community

Approved wwan cards and their marketing p/n or FRU # are listed in multiple Lenovo sources:
- on-line stores http://accsmartfind.lenovo.com
http://www.lenovoquickpick.com
- system service parts file
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/PD104722
- the parts lookup service on the support site

Anyway, I agree, some information might be outdated or not full.

> This is out of my mind how it is possible that this important information is not written at the supported cards.

what do you mean?

> Now I have a EM4755 card with newer FRU number that is supported and I can not use this.

what's the card's p/n or FRU #?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

GaborKaczur
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 3 of 4

Dear x220forme,

the details of my card:

FRU PN: 00JT547

Lenovo PN: SW10H24567

Attached a screenshot from the card.

Is it possible to update the whitelist of the BIOS somehow?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Gabor

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 638
Message 4 of 4

Not a white list causes issue you've faced. All Lenovo branded modems em7455 with different p/ns have the same IDs - USB\VID_1199&PID_9079. The difference of the wwan modems for SkyLake (x60) and KabyLake (x70) based ThinkPads is their revisions, as well as some settings stored in the NVRAM. The card you have is for x60 ThinkPads family. Even more, presently it's positioned for MIIX-710-12IKB only.

Edit: typo

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors