Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEPX
Paper Tape
Views: 598
Message 1 of 6

T470p battery not charging after firmware update

After installing updates this morning (Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware to 11.8.60.3561, and NVIDIA GFE Package to 3.15.0.164) on Windows 10, my battery is not charging anymore, and the laptop does not run from battery alone. I already re-installed the battery driver. I'd be happy about suggestions how to fix this.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 559
Message 2 of 6

Re: T470p battery not charging after firmware update

@LEPX wrote:

After installing updates this morning (Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware to 11.8.60.3561, and NVIDIA GFE Package to 3.15.0.164) on Windows 10, my battery is not charging anymore. I already re-installed the battery driver. I'd be happy about suggestions how to fix this.

I installed the updates on my T470p but the battery is still charging, same as before the updates.

Does the power button LED flash 3 times times when you connect the AC adapter?

Have you tried physically removing and then reinstalling the battery?

LEPX
Paper Tape
Views: 539
Message 3 of 6

Addendum: Actually, I installed the NVIDIA update while running on battery, and had to connect to AC before doing the firmware update, so the NVIDIA update probably is unrelated to the problem.

The power button LED does flash when I connect the AC adapter.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the battery two times, but nothing changed.

LEPX
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 4 of 6

I just checked Vantage, and it tells me that the battery has expired its lifetime and should be replaced. I'm quite surprised by this, because a) it still worked yesterday morning, and b) I'm only using the system since July or August last year. Is the battery expected to die down so fast?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 530
Message 5 of 6

@LEPX wrote:

I just checked Vantage, and it tells me that the battery has expired its lifetime and should be replaced. I'm quite surprised by this, because a) it still worked yesterday morning, and b) I'm only using the system since July or August last year. Is the battery expected to die down so fast?

It seems unusual but I have no idea the history of the battery or how it has been used.  If it's under warranty, you should be able to get it replaced.

LEPX
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 6 of 6

Yes, replacement seems to be the solution here. Our IT department is taking care of this. Thanks for looking into this!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors