Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tajgeer
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 1 of 3

T470p - crackling speakers

Hello!

I've recently joined ThinkPad family and I think it was the right choice after several ASUS (UX410, UX430, UX550) and XPSes 15 which were so faulty...

Everything looks good on T470p expect speakers. I'm experiencing strange issue with "crackling". Sometimes it won't start at all, sometimes it starts randomly and last for a few seconds (when there's no sound in background). It is present while I have music or other sounds on. Of course it stops when I'm disabling sound with Fn+F1.

Issue persists both on Windows 10 and Arch Linux. I've already tried to reinstall Realtek HD Audio drivers with older and newer ones - no luck. I'm not encountering any issues while I'm on headphones.

Could anyone provide solution for this issue or steps which I can perfrom in order to try to get rid of this "cracks"?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 530
Message 2 of 3

Re: T470p - crackling speakers

Hello Tajgeer,

welcome to Lenovo forum!

I think you have done everything right.

Testing 2 OSs and the issues occurs on both OS.

Can you take a video with this issue?

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 481
Message 3 of 3

Re: T470p - crackling speakers

Hi Tajgeer,

I don't know if it will help your situation or you have already resolved it, but a new Realtek HD Audio driver has been released.  Maybe you could give that a try if the issue still persists?

https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/downloads/ds120274

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors