cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hide_ous
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 1 of 2

T470p reboots - bottom cover flex? Replace?

My newly acquired T470p has suffered from unexpected reboots lately. Today I figured that moving it by holding it single handed triggers the reboot - I suspect the bottom cover is flexing, causing temporary shorts or disconnections. This is my first thinkpad without a rollcage: is this normal, or should I replace the laptop? This is my main machine, and I am working abroad (I bought the laptop in my home country) - what service level should I expect in the US?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 274
Message 2 of 2

Re: T470p reboots - bottom cover flex? Replace?

Hello hide_ous, welcome to the Community,

What you are experiencing certainly does sound odd and from your explanation I would certainly recommend contacting service.  The T470p is entitled to IWS and there should be no problem with you receiving service.  After entering your system type number, 20J6 / 20J7, on the following linked to page you can select the US to find out the number to call for service.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/iwslookupthink?linkTrack=MastSmiley FrustratedubNavSmiley Frustratedupport:Warranty and Repair:Warranty|International Warranty Services

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors