Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tompal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 1 of 12

T470s - USB3.0 Main concentrator hangs up when wake-up from sleep and hibernate

Hi All

I have a problem with T470s. Sometimes after waking up from sleep or hibernate the USB 3.0 main concentrator hangs up what disallow to use fingerprint reader to log into the system. I have found a few suggestions on Internet but all of them were connected with Win 7, not Win10. When trying to install old version of driver Windows said something about wrong OS or somethin like this. Generally I was unable to insall old drivers.

Version: 10.0.15063 Compilation 15063

BIOS version: BIOS LENOVO N1WET32W (1.11 ), 2017-05-23

BIOS Mode: UEFI

I will appreciate any help or suggestions.

Best regards

TomPal

saarf
Paper Tape
Views: 996
Message 2 of 12

Re: T470s - USB3.0 Main concentrator hangs up when wake-up from sleep and hibernate

I also  have a new T470s and experience the same problem with the USB ports and Touch Screen after Sleep mode.

After a restart everything works.

saarf
Paper Tape
Views: 996
Message 3 of 12

Re: T470s - USB3.0 Main concentrator hangs up when wake-up from sleep and hibernate

Looks like this may be the answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmWSWwRiyoM

tompal
Paper Tape
Views: 993
Message 4 of 12

Have you already tested it? Does it solve the problem?

tompal
Paper Tape
Views: 901
Message 5 of 12

It does not work. Any other ideas?

saarf
Paper Tape
Views: 834
Message 6 of 12

Shutting off ability for Windows to not power off USB did NOT work. While I had the problem called support and they saw the error code in the device manager. My system is up to date, both drivers and bios.

Wanted me to send unit to depot. Nada! Said they would change motherboard. I have SSD drive. Is the SSD separate from the Motherboard?? Not sure they would reload my programs and data. UGH!

Tech wanted me to get into bios by holding F1 key - this does not work. You must first hold the shift key while clicking shutdown otherwise it is like Hibernation mode. Then hoding F1 works on power up.

My thought is that Lenovo will fix this driver/bios bug when a big client with many of these units starts screaming.

Keep checking Lenovo Companion for updates! 

hopefully they will fix it.

PS my wife has the exact same unit and same issue!

tompal
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 7 of 12

However strange it can seem - nice to hear this is not only mine problem Smiley Wink. The only workaround without rebooting I found was to turn off and turn on the USB3.0 main controller in device manager window. After that notebook works for a few days / weeks without any problem.

saarf
Paper Tape
Views: 813
Message 8 of 12

Interested in knowing how you turn USB controller off/on. Was looking for something like that.

thanks

tompal
Paper Tape
Views: 758
Message 9 of 12

I attached a screenshot from my system - unfortunately in Polish and during normal operation. As I wrote you have to to go to Device Manager, find USB3,0 main controller and using righ-click pop-up context menu in which you should be able to find turn on/ turn off options. Those options are only visible when there is problem with USB3.0 main controller. During normal operation those options are absent.  When I find the problem with USB controlle again I will make a screenshot. Let me know if it helps.USB3.0_screenshot.jpg

jpochedl
Paper Tape
Views: 662
Message 10 of 12

We are also encountering the same problem with T570 laptops as well.  Has anyone opened a ticket or gotten a response from Lenovo?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors