cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 341
Message 1 of 8

T470s - Unable to access Intel Management Engine (MBEX / Intel) following BIOS Update

I have two Lenovo T470s that seem to have lost the ability to access any of the Intel vPro options following a bios update using the Lenovo update tool. 

When going to the boot menu (F12) there is no Ctrl+P option any more. There is also no mention of Inter MBEX in the Bios menus. During the Lenovo boot screen, I can press Ctrl+P and it will say "launching ME configuration screen" and then it will go into Windows.

Full Model Number 20HGS4DJ00

CPU i7-6700U

BIOS Version N1WET49W (1.28) 7/4/2018

Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 276
Message 2 of 8

Re: T470s - Unable to access Intel Management Engine (MBEX / Intel) following BIOS Update

bump?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 272
Message 3 of 8

Re: T470s - Unable to access Intel Management Engine (MBEX / Intel) following BIOS Update

Hi Rainin,

Which BIOS version, and which Intel ME firmware version?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 269
Message 4 of 8

Hello Bananaman,

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully, you can be my saviour. Smiley Happy

BIOS Version N1WET49W (1.28) 7/4/2018
Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware

Cheers,

ReeceR

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 258
Message 5 of 8

Try loading default BIOS settings?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 249
Message 6 of 8

Hey B.Man!

Thanks for forwarding the thread. 

I've read through it and have tried resetting to default setting but unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. I've reviewed every option in my BIOS and attempted to ctrl+p again but with no success. 

It is worth noting, I have a few T480s I have installed the latest BIOS on using the Lenovo Update tool and they have no problems with the Intel AMT Menus. I'm uncertain of the exact BIOS version. If required, I can check this when back in the office tomorrow. Although, I'm guessing it should be completely different as the T480s is using the Intel 8th Gen architecture. 

Thanks again for the support so far!

ReeceR

Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 213
Message 7 of 8

I don't know if it is much help... but on the 23rd of August, I created a service request through the Lenovo support portal. I've heard nothing back but I suspect the problems are with the Latest release of this BIOS version.

Thanks,

Reece 

Rainin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 168
Message 8 of 8

Further to my last post... Lenovo support just randomly closed my case. I never received any kind of response or reason for the case being closed.

Hoping someone is able to provide some kind of solution to this thread sometime in the future.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors