Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digiPixel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 1 of 4

T480 Max RAM - Conflicting Information

Trying to determine the maximum amount of RAM the ThinkPad T480 can take, however there is conflicting information provided by Lenovo. On Lenovo's online New Zealand store it mentions that the ThinkPad T480 CPU will need to be upgraded ("Upgrade the processor to select up to 32 GB of memory") in order for the max RAM to be 32 GB (in the customise section) which is very confusing, yet in the ThinkPad T480 Product Specification document it mentions 32 GB RAM for all CPU configurations.

Lenovo haven't responded to the ThinkPad T480 sales enquiry I have submitted, which includes the question on the ThinkPad T480 max RAM. On Lenovo's online New Zealand store the chat function is broken, and there is no clear information provided about their contact hours. Is Lenovo's New Zealand sales/support team on holiday?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,252
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480 Max RAM - Conflicting Information

I think they all have 2 slots.  When specs rere developed, there were nio 32GB DIMMs.  I would expect that the 8th gen CPU can use 2X32GB = 64GB.  Caution:  The 32GB DIMMs are EXPENSIVE.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
digiPixel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,235
Message 3 of 4

All 8th Gen Intel CPU options for the ThinkPad T480 have a 32 max RAM limit (based on Intel's CPU documentation). Since the T480 has two RAM slots maxing out the RAM would involve using 2x16GB DIMMS.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,209
Message 4 of 4

That was written before 32gb DIMMs existed

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors