Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hossam-Gebril
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 1 of 4

T480 Ram and SSD

Dear Lenovo

i need your recomendation about upgrading my thinkpad T480 ram from 8 to 16 and adding ssd m2 

so please check the attcahed screenshot.

Thanks

Hossam Gebril

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 140
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480 Ram and SSD

I have never used either of those particular devices, but I would expect that they would work fine.  When purchasing non-Lenovo-branded parts, always confirm a seller's return policy.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Hossam-Gebril
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 3 of 4

Dear Rich

thank you for your reply, so do you prefer another brands i can buy, i need to use the main hard disk for data and m2 SSD for operating system and programs also need to increase ram to 16 or 32 G

Thanks

Hossam

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 81
Message 4 of 4

Everyone has their own favorite brands for RAM.  I like Corsair Vengeance, but other people like different ones.  As far as SSDs, I find little actual difference in speed within brands.  Some devices do better on some speed tests, but I don't see that difference in real use.  NVMe 4 lane devices are certainly faster than SATA, but I tend to buy whatever is cheapest.  A big part of the decision is for a retail drive or an OEM one.  Retail drives have a manufacturer's warranty and work with manufacturer's utilities.  Firmware updates come from the manufacturer.  Drives sold on eBay or Amazon may be OEM, which are supported by the computer maker.  Often OEM drives are drives bought with a system and pulled so they might be upgraded.  When buying non-Lenovo parts, always confirm a seller's return policy.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors