Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaredyates
What's DOS?
Views: 780
Message 1 of 1

T480 Trackpoint Intermittent

I've been having fun with the new T480, except for a problem with the trackpoint. I don't use the trackpoint for much, but I do use its buttons at the top of the touchpad. I noticed that the buttons were not working, which led me to try and see if the red stick was working. When the buttons stop, the red stick stops too. The trackpoint will just stop working, and I can't see any pattern to what causes it to quit.

I was worried that it was a hardware problem, and it might be, but if I go to the settings and disable, then re-enable the trackpoint, it usually starts working immediately. The computer is only two weeks old, and is under warranty, but being without it while I send it in for service is far more expensive to me than buying new parts and installing them myself. But is there a good strategy for exhausting software problems first? The Lenovo vantage update system seems to think everything is up to date. While I've been composing this post, it has started and stopped working twice.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors