Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duch11
Paper Tape
Views: 4,985
Message 1 of 3

T480 Trackpoint not working

Hello
As many others have described in other posts, my trackpoint is not working.
It sometimes works when I go into advanced boot options, and when I do a hard restart (unplug batteries, or reset bios to OS optimized defaults) it sometimes starts working again for a small period of time. Then it can stop working, either after a hibernation, but also just in the middle of using the computer. (I was watching netflix I think when that happened)

What is the best cause of action?
Everybody seems to agree, that it is a BIOS issue, as the problem often persists to other OS's.
I would rather not open my computer, however I can and have done that in the past with other thinkpads.

If I send it in to lenovo, what will they do to fix it there? And can I just do that from home, with a set of small screwdrivers?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,915
Message 2 of 3

Re: T480 Trackpoint not working

Hi Duch11,

Greetings from Lenovo,

We would suggest you to send it to us or you can also visit our service center. Please refer the link for the list of service center https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?Source=social_eservices&Medium=FBPAGE&Term=eServ...

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

duch11
Paper Tape
Views: 4,907
Message 3 of 3

Re: T480 Trackpoint not working

Update: After a keyboard replacement, and a disabling and re-enabling of the trackpad and trackpoint.
Everything has been working fine.
Lenovo has great technical support to be honest, I bought the on-site upgrade, worth every penny!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors