Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlinco
Blue Screen Again
Views: 627
Message 1 of 2

[T480] Trackpoint stops working after short period

Have only had my T480 for a few days and Constantly plagued by an issue with the trackpoint and it's buttons.

After a random period ranging from 1 minute to 10 minutes, the trackpoint stops working entirely; the touchpad becomes extremely laggy. After about 30 seconds the touchpad is working correctly however the trackpoint and its buttons stop working all together. The only way I have found to solve it, is rebooting the system, however it happens after every reboot.

On occasion the trackpoint will work after this, but for only a second before failing to work again. This appears to be random, maybe after 15 minutes of it failing, after forgetting it's broken and trying to use it.

This is after updating the Touchpad and pointer drivers, ensuring im on the latest BIOS.
However this exact same issue occurs on a Linux partition, which leads me to believe it's a hardware fault.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 600
Message 2 of 2

Re: [T480] Trackpoint stops working after short period

Start the task manager.  It sounds to me like some device is sending events to the USB hub that controls the trackpoint

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors