Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomZ2
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 1 of 4

T480 clicking sounds, latency problems

Hi everyone,

I have a T480 on Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64), with an Intel I5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz with 8GB RAM, bought three months ago.

I've been experiencing intermitent clicking and buzzing for a few weeks when playing audio (both online and directly on the laptop).

No change after updating the BIOS and putting the laptop in high performance. I've run LantencyMon, which gave me the following error message:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. "

Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with this, so I'm not sure how to fix the problem? There shouldn't be any CPU throttling on high performance so that's probably not the problem. The main source of hard pagefaults in the diagnostic I ran is msmpeng.exe and system.

I've seen a few similar posts for other models, would any of you know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

it_geek
802.11n
Views: 576
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480 clicking sounds, latency problems

Check the Lenovo website to see if there is a newer version of the audio driver.

Have you installed any video or audio player/editing application recently?

W510: i7-720QM, 16GB, DDR3 PC10600 - 1033MHz Kingston Value RAM, 1GB Quadro FX880M, 2TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD (external via eSATA)

T410: i5-520M, 8GB, DDR3 PC8500 - 1066Mhz Kingston Value RAM, 512MB Geforce, 1TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 1TB Seagate SSHD (external via eSATA)
sloryder
What's DOS?
Views: 551
Message 3 of 4

I came here looking for a solution to the same problem (I think).  In my case there's a pop at the start and finish of sound.  Meaning- if I play only a single sound, I'll get a pop before the sound and after the sound.  If I play two sounds that overlap, I'll get a pop before the first sound starts and after the second sound finishes.  I saw people blaming speedstep and making profiles with cpu min/max to 99%, but tried that and it didn't work for me.  Anyone else see the same behavior or have suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

TomZ2
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the reply, no new software installed, and I updated all my drivers before running the tests.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors