Message 1 of 9

T480 doesn't wake up from sleep

----------------

Thinkpad T480
BIOS ver. 1.17
Windows 10 Pro
All drivers and Windows are up to date.

----------------

The problem is very strange because evry thing works fine if the laptop is on battery. But when the laptop is connected to power supply thre is no way to wake it up (whitouth to disconect the power supply). Are there people with the same problem or with solution for it?

Bart123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,873
Message 2 of 9

Re: T480 doesn't wake up from sleep

Hi,

I have exact the same problem on my brand new T480 (one week old).

First I thougt this is a problem with Suse Linux Tumbleweed, but under Windows 10 Home the problem is also present.

I also updated everything to the newest versions and use BIOS ver. 1.17 -> nothing changed.

Has anybody a idea to fix this?

Bart123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,816
Message 3 of 9

Today I reset all bios settings to default, but this changed nothing. Wakeup with a connected power supply still not working.
Bart123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,805
Message 4 of 9

Think I found the reason for this problem, seems to be a bug with the battery threshold handling.

If I disable the battery thresholds completely, wake-up  with connect power supply is working.

But if I set the battery thresholds again (i.e. start charging at 40% and stop charging at 80%), wake-up isn't working anymore with connected power supply.

@_rotor: Can you confirm this behavior?

Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,795
Message 5 of 9

Having the same issue with my T580 under Win 10. Also having the issue where I reconnect to the USB C power cable and I don't get any video output to the external monitor. Fan is running and the power light is on. Only solution is to hard power down.

_rotor
Paper Tape
Views: 2,782
Message 6 of 9

@Paper Tape

Yes you are right. My T480 has the same behaviour. This bug definitely relates to the battery threshold setting. I'm not sure if it is entierly softwer problem or there is some hardware issue in our notebooks. Thank you for that discovery. I hope that the Lenovo will fix this bug because the battery threshold is setting important for me.

@Fanfold Paper

According to your problem with the additional monitor usage, could you please describe more clear your scenario (step by step). I don't have monitor here and I can't easilly confirm it but I would like to know exact problem.

Bart123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,753
Message 7 of 9

In my opinion, that's should be only a software bug. I think most people don't use the threshold settings, because it's no windows standard function and you have to install the lenovo vantage, so nobody notice this behaviour.

Do somebody know a way to report bugs directly to lenovo?

I only found a link to a  warranty ticket system of a lenovo subcontract and I don't think anyone there is interested in such things.

_rotor
Paper Tape
Views: 2,680
Message 8 of 9

It seems that the latest BIOS 1.18 fix the problem.

Highlighted
Bart123
Paper Tape
Views: 2,668
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for this advice, I just installed the update and will test it.

By the way, the changelog of the version 1.18 is very interesting Smiley Very Happy

CHANGES IN THIS RELEASE

Version 1.18

[Important updates]

• Nothing.

[New functions or enhancements]

• - Updated the CPU microcode.
  • - Updated the Diagnostics module to version 04.04.001.

[Problem fixes]

• Nothing.

UPDATE: After a short test I would agree, it seems the bug is fixed :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors