Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobCTPGuy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 108
Message 1 of 1

T480 + eGPU + Sleep mode

Hey all

I have a T480 that I have had for about a year (love it).  I also use aSonnet eGPU Breakway Box (350).  I use 4 external monitors and keep the lid on T480 closed.  The eGPU is conneceted via the Thunderbolt 3 port.  It works great except for one issue: Sleep Mode.  If I leave the T480 on my desk and put the machine into sleep mode via the keyboard and then wake it up with the keyboard it works fantastic.  However, if I take the laptop somewhere else (disconnect from eGPU) and then put into sleep mode and then go home and reconnect to eGPU and try to wake up with the keyboard or mouse it does not work.  I then have to open the lid, fire the T480 up with the on/off button and then I have to use the keyboard to go into sleep mode and then close the lid and then use the keyboard to awake from sleep mode and I am back to normal with my four monitors.  A real pain.  Same thing happens if I have a power failure at home.

Any ideas?

If I get a USB docking station (just for the external power button).  I could then use the power button on the docking station to awake from sleep mode when I reattach to eGPU and docking station when I get home?  Will the monitors still work via Thunderbolt/eGPU with a USB docking station with no monitors connected to it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors