cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
root1273
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 1 of 3

T480 intermitant trackpoint and trackpad.

So ive had my t480 for 2 months now. About 1 month ago the trackpad and trackpoint started observing unusual behavior. When i boot the machine up, the trackpoint doesnt work, but the trackpad works except its very laggy. Eventualy when i start using the machine, the trackpad starts to work regularly. Ive checked the bios settings, xorg config files (i use unix based operating systems usually) and ive tried using windows. None of these worked. So it seems like a hardware issue. What do i do?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 121
Message 2 of 3

Re: T480 intermitant trackpoint and trackpad.

Hello and welcome,

This is totally out of left field... but I've seen similar behavior when testing live Ubuntu on an X280.

It's fixed (perhaps w/out advanced touchpad features) by adding "psmouse.proto=bare"  (w/out the quotes) to the kernel line in the grub boot stanza.

Can't explain why it would suddenly change on your machine, so as I said... out of left field...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

root1273
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 3 of 3

Re: T480 intermitant trackpoint and trackpad.

Thanks for the response. Im gonna try out wayland with arch linux. If that doesnt work, ill send it in for repairs. Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors