Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBhav
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,484
Message 1 of 6

T480 internal battery not detected

I got new T480 yesterday and the battery status shows internal battery not detected. It is really strange that they supply external battery which is bulky and this one should be optioal rather than internal being optional. Or the internal battery is present but can't be detected by system? I haven't yet opened the back or visited service center yet. Any help on this please.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,475
Message 2 of 6

Re: T480 internal battery not detected

Hello and welcome,

From the base spec, the internal battery is optional.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20T480/ThinkPad_T480_Platform_Specificatio...

What is the MT-M of your laptop? ( like 20L5001GUS as an example)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JBhav
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,473
Message 3 of 6

It is 20L5S08L00. On Lenovo online shop nowhere  it is mentioned that internal battery is not included or optional and if so while purchasing it should give option to buy internal one. 

Thanks.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,438
Message 4 of 6

I am not sure if it would even boot if the internal battery is disabled, but there is a setting in the BIOS to do so when servicing the laptop, so is it possible that someone accidentally left it disabled?

Best of luck, 

PS, I just checked the parts list for the MTM 20L5S08L00, and it does not show an internal battery listed, while on the compatible list it does.   

The Psref for the T480 also lists an Optional integrated Li-ion 24Wh battery, which is FRU/Part number 01AV421 and is available from Lenovo here    

Capture.JPG

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,419
Message 5 of 6

@JBhav wrote:

It is 20L5S08L00. On Lenovo online shop nowhere  it is mentioned that internal battery is not included or optional and if so while purchasing it should give option to buy internal one. 

Thanks.

Do you have a link to that sales site?

@JDGillis wrote:

I am not sure if it would even boot if the internal battery is disabled, but there is a setting in the BIOS to do so when servicing the laptop, so is it possible that someone accidentally left it disabled?

That should toggle back to "enabled" the when the laptop is powered on with AC power connected.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JBhav
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,392
Message 6 of 6

I called support and they confirmed no internal battery is included with this model.

Here is the link of lenovo shop

https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T480/p/22TP2TT4800

Screenshot below from the web shows optional and standard both batter description without any indication which one is shipped with laptop

Capture1.PNG

Model details below says 6-cell battery without indicating external or internal

Capture2.PNG

Thanks.

J

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors