cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaktooss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 209
Message 11 of 17

Re: T480 with Optane card fails to boot with 1802 Unauthorized network card error

Hi guys,

Do you have an idea is it problem with memory card or motherboard slot? I am really need this extension to put swap on it. If this is problem with optane card i am kind to buy new one and just replace it. 

If problem is with motherboard - this will be waste of time and money.

What could you advice?

Thank you in advance,

Paul

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 203
Message 12 of 17

Re: T480 with Optane card fails to boot with 1802 Unauthorized network card error

I'm checking with the Optane team if there is any update.  I think this might be a unique Optane problem that happens when Optane is unconfigured from BIOS but the Optane card remains in the system.  If what you really want is a 2nd drive, it would make more sense to buy a non-Optane NVMe SSD and use that instead.  Anyway, I'll try to get an update and post back here when I have more information.  Sorry for this trouble.

otaj
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 13 of 17

Hello, I have the exact same issue (with the same error code). The model number and Optane disk is the same. I believe I have the steps to reproduce - I enabled "Thunderbolt assist mode" in BIOS, after which I could normally boot, however the Optane disk was not found by my OS (Arch Linux). Then I disabled the assist mode and could not boot anymore until removing Optane disk.

I Believe that enabling thunderbolt assist mode must have somehow change PCI number of the disk, I don't have any other explanation. I have not found the solution sadly.

Regards

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 124
Message 14 of 17

@otaj wrote:

Hello, I have the exact same issue (with the same error code). The model number and Optane disk is the same. I believe I have the steps to reproduce - I enabled "Thunderbolt assist mode" in BIOS, after which I could normally boot, however the Optane disk was not found by my OS (Arch Linux). Then I disabled the assist mode and could not boot anymore until removing Optane disk.

I tried what you said, by toggling the "Thunderbolt BIOS Assist Mode", but still can't recreate this problem on my T480 with Optane.  Is it possible that you also changed another BIOS setting to make this problem happen?

otaj
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 15 of 17

The disk was in no-Optane mode (I think it's called AHCI, but I'm not sure), secure boot turned off, but other than that nothing significant related to Optane.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 111
Message 16 of 17

@otaj wrote:

The disk was in no-Optane mode (I think it's called AHCI, but I'm not sure), secure boot turned off, but other than that nothing significant related to Optane.

If you change that BIOS setting to RST, can the system boot with the Optane drive in it?

otaj
Paper Tape
Views: 99
Message 17 of 17

I have no way to change it - this setting does not show up when second disk is not present and when it is present, I am not able to boot even to BIOS.

BTW, if it's of any relevance, I'm from Czechia as well. I don't know which company sold it (since it's a laptop I got from work), but it came newly packaged.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors