Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chimbo84
What's DOS?
Views: 500
Message 1 of 4

T480 with Ultra Dock External Monitor Blinking

I have a T480 with Windows 10 Pro connected to a Dell U3415W monitor via a DisplayPort to HDMI cable via a 40AJ0135US Ultra Dock (DisplayPort side connected to the docking station, HDMI connected to the monitor).  While using this setup, I will occasionally (sometimes quite frequently) get black-outs in the monitor for a few seconds and then the display returns without issue.  Its extremely annoying and interrupts my work.  Often, restarting the laptop will help resolve it for a while but it always returns in some fashion.

I have run the ThinkPad Docking Station FW updater and it said everything is up to date.  Additionally, Lenovo System Update is 100% updated.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 379
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480 with Ultra Dock External Monitor Blinking

Hi Chimbo84! Welcome to our forums community. Does the issue persist when you used a different laptop? Could you try running the update through the Lenovo Vantage app. Install all available updates then restart. Check if the issue persist. You can download the app here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KirBoronin
What's DOS?
Views: 259
Message 3 of 4

We are using T480 and X280 with Ultra Dock and also having the same issue. Installing all available items from System Update does not help.

May this be the same issue than FRU 45N0368/FRU 45N0502 135W charger problem?
shayarionly
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 4 of 4

Thats great.Finally i found an answer for my question which i was searching from last 2 days.

Thanks man

@Jwes_Lenovo wrote:

Hi Chimbo84! Welcome to our forums community. Does the issue persist when you used a different laptop? Could you try running the update through the Lenovo Vantage app. Install all available updates then restart. Check if the issue persist. You can download the app here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/lenovo-vantage/9wzdncrfj4mv?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab.

Regards

Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors